What is Drive A Senior?
Hays Drive a Senior is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that helps facilitate independent living by providing supportive volunteer transportation for seniors living in Buda, Texas and northern Hays County.
Clients of Hays Drive a Senior are eligible to receive transportation to medical at no cost. Rides are provided by volunteers that have been screened and are insured.
- 60+ years of age
- Live in the Buda/Kyle areas
- Has completed a new client interview and paperwork
- Ambulatory with minimal assistance*
*Walkers and canes are ok, but volunteers are not able to accomodate or manipulate wheelchairs, or lift clients into or out of vehicle
Hays Drive a Senior provides safe rides free of charge to senior citizens in the Buda and Kyle area:
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Non-affliated Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization
- Volunteer drivers background checked and privately insured
- Appointments available 5 days a week
- Pickups in Buda/Kyle area
- Transportation to and from Buda/Kyle/San Marcos areas
Can YOU Give the
Gift of a Lift?
Do you have a flexible schedule? Do you have a car in good condition? Do you have a few hours a week or month to improve the quality of life to a senior citizen in need? If the answer is YES to these questions, then Hays Drive a Senior is looking for you.
Hays Drive a Senior is currently seeking dependable volunteers in the Buda and South Austin area who would like to provide much needed transportation to senior citizens. Volunteer driving is easy. There is no minimum weekly commitment. Volunteer drivers are scheduled according their availability.